Multiple products are using Node-Data in production. Following are some use cases for Node-Data:
- Starting a new Node.js application
- Focus on business and building reliable features
- Build and release features quickly
- Refactor and change design later but don’t want application to stop doing that (don’t want developers to ask for weeks to change since its java script)
- don’t want to loose node and java script’s dynamic nature and scaling
- Want to build multiple databases application but don’t want to write heterogeneous code (different code for different databases)
- Today most of applications are interacting with multiple databases(sql , nosql, search , graph) , for different Need and purposes
- It could become a massive pain to manage such a heterogeneous code.
- With Node-Data developers can write homogeneous code for different Database
For above scenario , in node-data you can write homogeneous code
Node-Data is not an ORM , It’s a API framework over existing ORMs which allows you do achieve this.
- Want to rewrite an existing web application (java-spring, .net ) in node.js to leverage the scaling ,performance and dynamic nature of node
- But worry about production readiness of node.js (heard nightmare stories)
- JS and node can’t replace java and spring (feature wise , stability wise )
- worry about new hiring Or reskilling existing team
Lot of features from spring /entity framework has been copied into Node-Data, these features are tested and improved in last one year and they are high performing and reliable. The developers needs to learn and reskill themselves but Node-Data will make sure their journey is smooth, they remain productive while reskilling, they can produce reliable and fast code even though they not become master of ecosystem.
- Want to build a high scaling backend for consumer facing app
- need to support 10k request per second
- need lightweight/responsive APIs
- need heavy-duty backgrgound workers but with same code base
- Want to focus on app and data more and less on backend code but still want to control backend code, still want to write business logic ,security , isolations
- Building an micro service in an enterprise grade solution
- Highly Available services
- in built messaging
- Multi-processing , IPC
- spring like security and entity manger
If you want to know more check out the our github
Or visit our main page
If you want to try out your self , check out this template
For step by step creation of first node-data application follow this blog.